I build champion wrestlers.
Wrestling is a one-on-one sport, it should be taught one-on-one.
My name is Jason Layton, I am collegiate All-American who has been teaching wrestling and jujitsu full-time since 2008. I make kids very technical and get them into excellent shape. I have built good wrestlers out of average athletes countless times. Wrestling is an incredibly technical sport, it is very similar to chess; under my guidance your child will learn the best techniques so they begin to succeed at whatever level they are competing at. I work with kids of all ages and skill levels.
Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
Things you can expect to learn from one-on-one instruction:
- How to hand-fight ferociously so that you are always in a better position than your opponent
- How to finish every shot that you get in on. If you are not finishing, you are doing something wrong
- How to drill. Most wrestlers stand-up between drilling moves and lose focus, you will learn the drilling habits of a champion wrestler
- How to score on top with a variety of attacks including crab rides, ankle-lace rides, and leg rides. Top is my best position.
- How to frustrate your opponent into making mistakes
- How to be in better shape than your opponent (even if you’re not!)
- Memory techniques so that new moves are assimilated and committed to reflex as fast as possible.
- Many setups, and TONS of “setups for your setups.”
- The proper response for specific situations you’ve been in
- The mindsets associated with becoming an elite athlete
PRIVATE LESSON PRICE: $100/hr
I would never turn away a hungry/motivated wrestler who couldn’t afford lessons. If you cannot afford any of the above packages, contact me and we may be able to work something out.
I can travel to give lessons if I am compensated for my time and travel – I have traveled as far as Pennsylvania.
If you really want to make rapid improvements, please contact me for further information:
Cell: (516) 996-9922
Dynamic Wrestling Academy
37 Dunton Avenue
Deer Park, NY 11729
What to bring:
- Notebook (mandatory)
- Wrestling Shoes
- Water Bottle